Putting robotics at your service™

Free shipping on orders over $200

Starting test of Botboarduino JR - prototype 1 board

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]

User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 4913
Posted: 2011-07-05 18:59 
My BotBoarduino JR (BBJR) board arrive today :D, so I decided to try some basic tests

Step 1 plug in board and see if USB installs. Yes, installed as comm25 with name of "Lynxmotion Botboarduino JR" :). I configured IDE for this port and I choose Arduino demilove or Nano and was able to download test program. Note to self, did not see RX/TX pins blink at all, need to investigate.

So far the debug program is blinking the 3 LEDS installed on digital IOs 7, 8, 9 as well as the standard one on a 13.

Also displays a simple text menu on debug terminal and allows me to choose test. So far I tested I can make sound on speaker on pin 5.

Well that is as far as I have tested so far, Will continue some over the next couple of days.

Kurt


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 4125
Posted: 2011-07-05 19:34 
Sounds like fun!

I'm still waiting for mine. ;>)

Alan KM6VV

_________________
Visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SherlineCNC/
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/HexapodRobotIK/


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 1977
Posted: 2011-07-05 21:04 
IT'S ALIVE...!

_________________
Eric Nantel - DiaLFonZo
UAV/Drones Specialist

RobotShop inc.
Putting Robotics at your service!™
www.robotshop.com

Lynxmotion
Imagine it. Build it. Control it.™
http://www.Lynxmotion.com


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 4913
Posted: 2011-07-06 10:56 
kurte wrote:
did not see RX/TX pins blink at all, need to investigate.

Verified LEDs wrong direction. Need to make sure fixed in next version.

KM6VV wrote:
Sounds like fun!

I'm still waiting for mine. ;>)

Hopefully will finish testing soon and they can make the real versions.

DiaLFonZo wrote:
IT'S ALIVE...!

:D - Yep and most of it testing out fine!

So far test program verified can output to all digital and analog pins. LEDs work(except RX/TX), buttons work. Sound works.

Next tests, check to verify right voltages getting to power pins. verify jumpers are as expected, try connecting to SSC-32 using software serial...

Kurt


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 4913
Posted: 2011-07-08 11:05 
Quick update on testing...

I verified most of the jumpers and voltages... Works off USB or can choose to only run on external power.

Changed test program to talk to SSC-32 on digital pins 2,3 with new soft serial. Tried analog slider on one of the analog pins, tried I2C/SRF08 on analog pins 4,5 (SDA/SCL).

Next to try PS2... Then if all works try with ported phoenix code.

Kurt


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 4913
Posted: 2011-07-08 12:53 
PS2 appears to work. We have a PU resistor on P6, which I used. I also used the ps2x library by Bill Porter...

In case any one wishes to look at current test code.

Kurt


Attachment:
Botboarduino_Test-110708a.zip [3.37 KiB]
Downloaded 133 times
User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 4125
Posted: 2011-07-08 13:57 
Botboarduino JR,

That's a mouthful!

This is a "mega" board, or a UNO sized board? (You call it mega in the code.)

Hard to follow along without having the board.

Have fun!

Alan KM6VV

_________________
Visit:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SherlineCNC/
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/HexapodRobotIK/


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 4913
Posted: 2011-07-08 15:05 
Looks like I need to do some more editing of the test program comments. Started off with code I was using to test mega shield, now testing Botboarduino JR, which is Atmega328 based... There is an image of the current prototype board in Jim's post...

The board is standard BB2 sized and holes. It will have the standard Arduino shield connectors. Couple of placement issues in this version don't allow me to test shields...

Yep having fun.

Kurt


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 4913
Posted: 2011-07-09 13:07 
Quick update, I have no moved it to my CHR-3 and it appears to be working. Looks like one of my servos has problems, need to get some new ones...
Then do some more testing.
Kurt


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 4913
Posted: 2011-07-23 00:45 
Another quick update. After some diversion with Botboarduino Mega Shield and DIY remote code, today I started to play again with the Phoenix code running on Botboarduino JR. Still need to replace the one servo with bad gears, but first problem I ran into was that when I entered into balance mode the robot went nuts. This evening I finally tracked the issue down :D

The problem was in the lines like:
Code:
            BalCalcOneLeg (-LegPosX[LegIndex]+GaitPosX[LegIndex],
                        LegPosZ[LegIndex]+GaitPosZ[LegIndex],
                        (LegPosY[LegIndex]-cInitPosY[LegIndex])+GaitPosY[LegIndex], LegIndex);

The problem is that the array cInitPosY is a static array that was moved out of the data space and into the program space. Needed to change the lines to look like:
Code:
            BalCalcOneLeg (-LegPosX[LegIndex]+GaitPosX[LegIndex],
                        LegPosZ[LegIndex]+GaitPosZ[LegIndex],
                        (LegPosY[LegIndex]-(short)pgm_read_word(&cInitPosY[LegIndex]))+GaitPosY[LegIndex], LegIndex);

So far it appears to be happier... Need to test more. May next try to hook up XBEE. To do some will need to use 2 software serial objects. Should be fun to see how to properly handle the inputs...

Kurt


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 9257
Posted: 2011-07-25 12:59 
This sounds awesome! Thanks for the update!

_________________
Jim Frye, the Robot Guy
http://www.lynxmotion.com
I've always tried to do my best...


 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]. It is currently 2014-10-25 00:12
Feedback Form
Feedback Form