Putting robotics at your service™

Free shipping on orders over $200

electronic/robotic autonomous kit possible to add elec&softw

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]

New ( offline )
Posts: 3
Posted: 2009-10-12 18:43 
I search to buy a electronic / robotics kit OR device that give me the possible to add to the kit a internet module like those
http://www.nkcelectronics.com/wiznet-wi ... od812.html
OR
http://tuxgraphics.org/electronics/2006 ... 6061.shtml
And give me the possible to program it in C++ (network communication - program socket) so that I can control this kit OR device with the internet something like telerobotics
I want that the electronic circuit OR the robot will work only if I give a command to work
And when I give command to stop the electronic / robot kit will stop (only one on/off command) without to do more command control
An Example:
robotics arm that have the possible to add internet module and program it is not what I search because the robotic arm have on/off control and need to be control right / left & up / down and this is not what I search because I search only one on/off control
The robotic arm has 4 more control command and this is not what I search
BUT an autonomous robot that have the possible to add a internet module and program it is good for me
If you know anything that answer to this then I will glad if you can send me an email with this device / kit name and site
Thanks


User avatar
Guru ( offline )
Posts: 2956
Posted: 2009-10-12 20:24 
klm wrote:
I search to buy a electronic / robotics kit OR device that give me the possible to add to the kit a internet module like those
http://www.nkcelectronics.com/wiznet-wi ... od812.html
OR
http://tuxgraphics.org/electronics/2006 ... 6061.shtml
And give me the possible to program it in C++ (network communication - program socket) so that I can control this kit OR device with the internet something like telerobotics

OK, first of all, are your talking about a robotic arm that is in a fixed location OR a mobile robot that will roam around and be operated remotely? If you want a mobile robot that is capable of roaming freely or being controlled to roam around a space, then neither if the modules you listed will work for you. Both of those modules require being physically tethered by cable to a router, PC, Mac, or other computer. For a stationary robot arm, the WizNet module would work best for what you want to do, but neither would work well for a mobile robot. For a mobile robot, you should consider something like http://www.ewiznet.com/goods_detail.php?goodsIdx=135 or http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... ts_id=9333 instead.

klm wrote:
I want that the electronic circuit OR the robot will work only if I give a command to work
And when I give command to stop the electronic / robot kit will stop (only one on/off command) without to do more command control
An Example:
robotics arm that have the possible to add internet module and program it is not what I search because the robotic arm have on/off control and need to be control right / left & up / down and this is not what I search because I search only one on/off control

It's very unclear here exactly what you are looking for. You are talking about two different things that might have two different solutions.

klm wrote:
The robotic arm has 4 more control command and this is not what I search
BUT an autonomous robot that have the possible to add a internet module and program it is good for me
If you know anything that answer to this then I will glad if you can send me an email with this device / kit name and site
Thanks

You can add internet capabilities to pretty much any project, robotic or other, that you want to build. It's really just a matter of clearly defining what you want to do and then proceeding to find the solution you need. It would be best if you decide exactly what you want to do - build a robotic arm or a mobile robot that will be operated over the internet. Once you decide on that, there are many here who will no doubt have ideas for possible solutions.

8-Dale

_________________
I can usually handle complexity. It's the [b][i]simple[/i][/b] things that always confound me..
Check out my [url=http://www.hybotics.me]blog[/url] now!
Open your mind, Read, Learn, Think, Apply..


New ( offline )
Posts: 3
Posted: 2009-10-14 07:52 
Thanks linuxguy
I have very different question for you
I see that you build a (car) robot
How you connect the two floors
This is not with regular screw, am I right?
What this robot can do?
Can I see the electronic circuit, computer program or what you write in this project?


 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]. It is currently 2014-11-28 19:58
Feedback Form
Feedback Form