Free shipping on orders over $200

Hexapod project for school

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]

1, 2, 3
Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-04-16 15:32 
If this is really happening, then it's a first. I have no idea what could be causing it.

Rookie ( offline )
Posted: 2012-04-19 15:17 
So, I tried everything I know... used different servos, used different pins, mirrored the right and left side and turn front to back.
And as Robot Dude wrote, it might be in relation to futaba copies this doesn't matter because I ordered 3 different packages from different dealers to get all 18. And of these servos, there are 5 feet working well...
So at least, I wanna try to reverse all 3 servos. And as KM6VV wrote to try the "(3000 - position)", I just wanna know now, where I have to put this in the code?

I just wanna see it walk. No balancing, no special walking gaits for now, just simple walking :)

R_ALF

P.S. the hexapod is mechanically done. Now,I just have to program it...

Attachment:
DSC00219.jpg
DSC00219.jpg [ 494.29 KiB | Viewed 647 times ]
Attachment:
DSC00220.jpg
DSC00220.jpg [ 516.31 KiB | Viewed 647 times ]
Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-04-19 15:50 
Kurt answered this a ways back. You can't use the (3000 - position) because that is used for when the Basic Atom Pro or ARC-32 is sending data to the SSC-32. Using the SSC-32 is a much better approach in my not so humble opinion. It's simply more stable sending data to the dedicated servo controller rather than shove it all onto one processor.

The last time we had a very well established piece of code no longer work was for PS2 control of an arm. Lots of people trying to fix it with no good results, then finally it was determined that a bug was introduced into the BM Studio editor. There is just no way to know if this is a similar situation, but we all agree it used to work flawlessly.

So hservo uses a signed variable +12,000 to -12,000 where 0 is centered. So to quote Kurt, "So to reverse simply take the expression and negate it..."

Something just isn't adding up here...

1, 2, 3