Putting robotics at your service™

Free shipping on orders over $200

Lynxmotion's Future Plans For BotBoarduino

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-07-06 18:49 
The AL5D arm with BotBoarduino intrigues me enough to send me back reviewing all posts in this section. I note there are several situations where the BBduino can be substituted for the Bot Board II. There are some tantalizing hints that this may become your board of choice as a complete replacement for the BBII. I see you already have established code which makes it possible to retrofit all 3DOF hexapods with the BBduino - http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/build99f.htm. Will you soon be extending this to work with 4DOF legs such as those in my T-Hex? Should I be concentrating on learning Arduino programming and not invest much effort in the BasicMicro coding?

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-07-06 20:17 
The arduino code has 4 DOF support,as well as mixed. I did run this on my 4 DOF Chris-3 with thex legs. I have not tried it yet on a thex, but should be doable. Maybe soon I will swap one in for my Arc32.

As for Arduino VS BM plans, I will let Lynxmotion people answer this. Personally Ilike both, but I prefere to program in C...

Kurt

Expert ( offline )
Posted: 2012-07-09 09:53 
It's no secret that the BotBoarduino was dreamt up as a end all be replacement for the basic atom. The code resembles C++ which makes it a great introductory path for up and coming programmers. The support base found at http://arduino.cc is extremely extensive which makes it even better for beginners. Oh, and it's less than 50% the price of the Atom/BBII...

tl;dr Forget the Atom, learn Arduino code.