Free shipping on orders over $200

botboarduino chr-3 ps 2

Print view Share :
Previous topicNext topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-06-09 19:14 
 Post subject: botboarduino chr-3 ps 2
Hello everybody , this is my first post in this forum i have some questions , if somebody can help me that would b great , first i have chr-3 and i would like to use my new botboarduino to run the code but im not that great using computers but i do like robots , so if some body could guide me in how to do it starting with the zip file u have in this tread thanks in advance

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-06-11 09:26 
Yes there are configurations for this. Look at the thread: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=8174

There is a zip file there, plus the updates will be put up on Github... I know that the people at Lynxmotion are working on tutorials on how to set this all up.

You will need to install Arduino: look up at the site: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/HomePage for instructions on how download and install Arduinos software.

You will need the PS2 library. Probably the best place to get that is at: https://github.com/madsci1016/Arduino-PS2X
You will need to install (copy) this into the appropriate place. Probably best in the Arduino user(s) library location. On my Windows machine that is: C:\Users\Kurt\Documents\Arduino\libraries\PS2X_lib. that will obviously change depending on your user name on your computer.

You unzip the CHR3 software into an appropriate place on you machine. I usually use the Arduino User sketchbook location. So on my machine it was at:
C:\Users\Kurt\Documents\Arduino\BotBoardDuino_CHR3_PS2

Once you load the sketch into Arduino in the tools menu you need to select the correct Board type: Arduino Duemilanove w\Atmega 328. Likewise in the tools menu you will need to select the correct comm port (the one created when you plug in the BotBoarDuino...).

Hardware wise you can look at the Hex_Cfg.h file to see which IO pins I used for what. But the PS2 is on pins 6(DAT)-9(CLK) and the SSC-32 is connected to pins 12 and 13 and I am talking to the SSC-32 at the baud rate 38400, so you need to make sure the jumpers are set correctly.

Good Luck
Kurt

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-06-11 10:04 
Here is the tutorial we have been working on.

http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/build99f.htm

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-06-11 12:13 
thanks guys for the fast response, i will try everything tonite :lol:

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-08-02 16:41 
Hello guys. I need some help again I did everything the tutorial said but I cant upload the program in to the botboarduino I also got the ps2 library from the hub but nothing if anybody can help me thanks in advance

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-08-02 17:06 
Need more information. Like:

Is the USB connected. Was an appropriate Communication port created. Did you choose this comm port in the Tools\Serial port menu item? Did you choose the create board type? What was the error you received...

Kurt

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-08-03 20:25 
Ok after few times I was able to compile and upload the program in to the botboarduino next I follow everything in the tutorial but nothing moves the botboarduino looks like is working and the the ssc32 the light blinks but idont know if I'm comunicating because the legs don't move any help will b appreciated thanks :shock:

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-08-03 21:04 
So we are making some progress :)

There could be a couple of things going on here. Did you go through the tutorial? If so did you run their calibration software? Warning think link shown in the tutorial appears to be incorrect (took me to powerpod). Should be from here? http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-854-free-do ... tware.aspx

So the lights of the SSC-32 is blinking which semi implies the two boards are talking. Probably one of two things (or maybe both...)
1) The SSC-32 is not configured correctly for the right baud rate. Should be 38400. In Step 4 of tutorial there is a diagram showing the jumpers for the SSC-32. In the Baud rate area, the first jumper should be installed and the 2nd one removed.

2) The firmware on the SSC-32 is not a version that supports Binary mode and the program is configured to run in binary mode. Couple ways to fix.
a) Update firmware of the SSC-32. Suggest version: 2-07EGP_A1A.abl which you can download from http://www.lynxmotion.com/p-395-ssc-32- ... oller.aspx
b) Change the program to not run in binary mode. In the file Hex_Cfg.h look for the line:
Code:
#define   cSSC_BINARYMODE   1         // Define if your SSC-32 card supports binary mode.

and comment it out
Code:
//#define   cSSC_BINARYMODE   1         // Define if your SSC-32 card supports binary mode.

You will obviously need to recompile and download it to have this change take effect.

Hope this helps
Kurt

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-08-07 12:29 
Succes the legs move and it seems to b working thanks for your help. Now I jusst want to know if this program has the attack mode from ps2 controller cant find it

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-08-28 20:06 
Hello having fun with hexapod but can somebody explain gp player mode and if there is sequences I could play with thanks in advance

Guru ( offline )
Posted: 2012-08-28 22:57 
The GP player allows you to play different sequences. You can use programs like SEQ or Kåre's (Zenta) PEP spreadsheet, to create sequences that can be stored on the SSC-32.

As for any to share, I need to look around. I am not sure if anyone has posted ones for the CHR-3.

Kurt

New ( offline )
Posted: 2012-08-29 21:39 
Thanks for your reply and if you find any sequences I will welcome them since I'm not good in writing them